Sat, 10 Sept|
South West London
WSET Level 1 Award in Wine
This 1 day introductory course will provide you with anunderstanding of the basics in grape growing, winemaking and other factors that affect the style and quality of wines. The course will help you understand how to taste wine using the WSET systematic approach to tasting and food and wine pairing.
Time & Location
10 Sept 2022, 09:00 – 17:30
South West London
About the Event
This WSET qualification is perfect for those who are starting out in the hospitality industry or those enthusiasts who want to know more information about the journey of vine to wine (or grape to glass).
During this course you will learn;
- What is wine and how it is made?
- The different production techniques in winemaking
- The types and styles of wine
- The principle international grape varieties and the typical wines they produce
- Storage and service of wine, including how to recognise common wine faults
- Wine tasting like a pro using the WSET Level 1 Systematic approach to tasting
- Food and wine pairing so that you can match the right wine with your food
You will receive a full study guide, use of glassware and spittoons, tutoring with a WSET accredited educator and tasting of at least 8 different wines during the day.
The course includes a 30 question multiple choice examination at the end of the day to validate the learning with a pass mark of 70%. Upon successful completion of the multiple choice exam, you will receive a certificate and lapel.
- Ticket type
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
This ticket includes ; - Registration - Study material - Wine tasting samples - Tutoring from a WSET certified educator - Final examination at the end of the coursePrice£190.00