22nd, 23rd & 29th Oct 2022 (9am - 5pm)|
South West London
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
The 3-day qualification is the perfect course for the enthusiast who wants to build on their spirits knowledge. The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits covers the main categories of spirits and liqueurs and examines the influences of production methods on the different styles available in each category.
Time & Location
22nd, 23rd & 29th Oct 2022 (9am - 5pm)
South West London
About the Event
This WSET qualification is perfect for those who are starting out in the hospitality industry or those enthusiasts who want to know more information about the journey of grain to glass.
During this course you will cover;
- Spirits production methods and how they affect style and quality
- The importance of the raw material and its effects on the spirit produced
- Fermentation and distillation techinques and how these affect the final qualitiy ans style of the spirit
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- The major global spirits brands
- Tutored tastings of all spirits and liqueurs (classroom courses only)
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Throughout the course, you’ll develop analytical tasting skills while exploring the use of spirits in cocktails. The knowledge gained on this course will be a significant advantage to anyone working with spirits in both the on- and off-trade, and the course is also perfect for spirits enthusiasts wanting to learn more about the product behind the brand.
You will receive a full study guide, use of glassware and spittoons, tutoring with a WSET accredited educator and tasting of at least at least 25 different spirits from around the world
The course includes a 50 question multiple choice examination at the end of the day to validate the learning with a pass mark of 55%. Upon successful completion of the multiple choice exam, you will receive a certificate and lapel.